Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hafa Adai!
A beautiful Saturday in Saipan.  We didn't do a heck of a lot today, mostly just hung out in the morning and then hit 5 pawn shops in the afternoon looking for the stolen camera.  Nothing turned up.  I was amazed at how little the pawn shops are here and wondering how they all manage to stay in business.  Not a heck of a lot of merchandise oh hand either.  We only have 15 more to go:)  What an adventure!


We ate lunch at my favorite mexican food restaurant, Oleai Beach restaurant.  Their food is delicious....yum, yum.  It sits right next to the ocean too so you get to enjoy the view while you eat.  I ordered ice tea and they brought out the glass of tea along with the bottle of sweetener (sugar and water mixture).  I had forgotten about that from the last time I was here!  
We watched a guy who had his spear fishing gun with him talking to some of his buddys about a fish he must have speared.  He was telling the story not only with his mouth but his hands as well.  We got a kick out of watching his antics.  It must have been one heck of a battle the way he was carrying on!
I have all my crafty stuff unpacked and my Cricut Machine set up and ready to go.  Let the crafting begin!

Tonight we went to see Thor and liked it.  It was kind of corny but guess that's to be expected since it's based on a comic book.  I was surprised Natalie Portman agreed to be in it.

I haven't got to snorkel yet but hopefully I'll get some time in the ocean tomorrow after my Mother's Day Brunch at the Hyatt!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and hugs to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment