Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

What a wonderful Mother's Day I had today.  Audra took me for brunch at the Hyatt in Garapan.  A friend of her's from the apartment complex, Bonnie, went with us.  She is Audra's surrogate mom here on the island and takes care of her for me.  She also shares Audra's passion for cats so they really hit it off.

We met a teacher Audra works with at the brunch and her family and friends.  The food was fantastic even though I didn't know half of what I was eating.  I'm always willing to try anything and that's exactly what today was all about.  Lots of Asian foods and local foods I hadn't tasted yet.  There was not one thing I didn't like.  Lots of Champagne too:)  I ate so much I thought I was going to explode.......we sat there for three hours and enjoyed the feast.
After brunch we drove around the top of Capitol Hill for a while looking for a resort up there that we never did find.  We did see an apartment building that Audra is interested in moving to.  It has a fantastic view of the ocean on the other side of the island.  We're going to see how the rent there compares to the rent at her current place.  It sits further into the jungle too and is off the main road.  Very pretty area.

Bonnie, Audra's Saipan mom, gave me a really cute turtle box for a Mother's Day present too.  She is so nice to Audra and it makes it easier on me knowing she has her to go to for help.  She made us ravioli's and homemade pasta sauce the other night for dinner too.  You know how I feel about anybody who cooks for me:)!  The sauce was made using buffalo meat and it was bueno!

I saw another friend I made last time I was here today too, Andre.  He's a Marine Biologist who teaches at the community college here.  He remembered me too!  He's neat to talk to because he knows everything about the wild-life here and all the sea life.  


Hopefully my "cards" will get to me this coming week so I can start fully enjoying myself again!  Until then I'm home bound.  Sucks having to depend on those cards to get access to your money............maybe I should start keeping it all in my mattress:)


Hafa Adai until my next adventure.....................remember to be kind to each other too!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Hope the cards get there soon! Jim (Big Guy)

    ReplyDelete