Friday, May 6, 2011

Greetings from Paradise!

Hafa Adai!  I'm sure you have all heard the news about my first day in paradise and the theft of mine and Audra's purses from the car.  We are recovering from it and by next week I should have all my new cards back and in my hot little hands.  Let the spending begin!
I haven't been snorkeling yet because I've been busy tying up all the lose ends from the theft.  I dropped Audra off at school today and then bought a blueberry muffin and went to Pau Pau, my favorite beach and sat at a picnic table enjoying the view while eating my breakfast and drinking my tea.  What a view and what a life!

After that I got to spend two and half hours at the local McDonalds waiting for the window in the car to get replaced.  There was a business meeting taking place while I was there with around 10 Japanese business men.  I love this place because of all the various languages that are spoken.  You just don't see that much of it in our neck of the woods in Az. 
I met two friends of Audra's today who are from the Philippines and teach at her school.  We had dinner with them.  Audra is the tallest of the three of them which was fun to see.  They all call me "mom" and were happy to finally get to meet me.  

My grandsons are so dang cute!  The two older ones, Jives and Jigs are always up to no good looking for ways to get into anything.  The first night I was here they kept me up most of the time running around and making noise.  I sleep with my door shut now:)  The newest edition, Rufus sleeps most of the time and is still adjusting to being inside.  He is just now coming out from underneath the couch and is sleeping with Audra at night along with the other two cats.
 
Audra is taking me to the Hyatt for brunch for Mothers Day.  We're going with friends of hers to celebrate the day.  I'm really looking forward to it! 

That's it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment